[DeTomaso] NPC - RE: Lug Bolts

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Mon Nov 30 22:46:43 EST 2009

Thanks everybody who passed along a suggestion. I'd better tell the story.

The lug bolt is:
M12 x 1.25 for 24 mm,
M17 unthreaded for 17 mm
Conical taper to 22 mm with a 19 mm hex head cut in it.

It was made in a Dunlop Wheel Plant in Coventry,
which has since been closed and hauled off to India.
There ain't none.

I thought maybe I could find an 11/16 truck lug with a conical  taper,
and then get a set of them cut down to M12 and just wear out some M12
fine dies on them.
Couldn't find that either.

I could do a CAD drawing of the part, but having somebody cut that from
bar stock
 would probably cost as much as a set of wheels. (Should be Grade 5 at
least)

So look what a world of crap a little inattention can get you into.

Larry - could you cook me up a little closing line for the situation?
dave