[DeTomaso] Pantera - metal shelving shelves info

larry at ohiotimecorp.com larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Sun Nov 29 08:33:51 EST 2009

Hi Bill,

All good ideas from the guys. What ever you do make sure the legs do not set on concrete
as it will wick up moisture. I cut up 4"X4" pressure treated plywood to place under all my
legs.

Larry (makes me taller too) - Cleveland

On Sun Nov 29  0:55 , Curt Hall  sent:

>Try painting them with Shellac, a couple of heave coats.
>My Grandfather was a house painter and played music on the weekends. He played the drums.
His drum cases where made of heavy pressed cardboard with riveted rounded metal corners.
He would paint them with Shellac. It made them water proof. (not sure about gas and
oil?) I still have them! Over 50 years old.

>Your mileage may vary!...Just a thought.
>Curt

a/c, etc.; with lots of humidity (Houston) - are the particle boards going to come apart?
Is there any way to "seal" them?
>>           I assembled one of the units, and started thinking, "Hmm, is this a good
idea!"  I had thought of making my own shelves out of 2X4's and plywood - but these at
Lowe's were almost 1/2 price.  Maybe I should take them back?