[DeTomaso] scissor/mid-rise lifts-final answer

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Fri Nov 27 23:54:09 EST 2009

Hmmmmm,

Been there, done that, except with a floor jack and jack stands.  All I
wanted to do was replace the a-arm bushings and ball joints.  No big
deal, that should only take a couple of weekends.

Two years later....... and...

- ZF ring gear safety wired
- New clutch disc, pressure plate and resurfaced flywheel
- New rear axle bearings and pivot shafts
- New sway bar and bushings
- New stainless coolant tubes
- Another steering rack rebuild
- New clutch lever (at transmission)
- New clutch master and slave (long throw)
- New heater fan switch
- Rick Moseley relay kit
- New sucker fans
- New Proxies R888 tires
- New water pump
- New e-brake (parking brake) cables
- New brake pads
- Rebuilt calipers
- New stainless braided brake lines
- New stainless braided clutch slave line
- New high-torque starter  (oh that reminds me I need to rewire that puppy)
- New neck on the swirl tank
- New u-joints in the half-shafts
- Remove spacers from the coil-over shocks
- Drilled the mufflers (and applied new paint)
- Carb kit
- New valve stem seals (and valve cover gaskets)
- New headlight limit switches
- a sundry list of washers, nuts, bolts, electrical connectors, heat
shrink, chemicals (lubes and such) and other bits to make things "work."

... not to mention the new tools...
- Pilot bearing puller (this is like the second best tool I purchased on
this project)
- Cooling system pressure tester  (this is -the- best tool I purchased
on this project)
- Vacuum pump and accessories
- Motive pressure bleeder (tied for second place)

.... and I managed to drive it for two weeks in 2009... Yea!

Asa Jay
<way more than I planned on, but now I don't have to worry about it>

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA

1971 Mach I Mustang  [ASA JAY]