[DeTomaso] Pantera A/C compressor bracket

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 27 18:03:55 EST 2009

The failure mode would be good to know also.

I think the electric pumps use brushless DC motors which are probably very reliable.  I'd guess a failure would often be either seal or bearing, which mechanical pumps also have, and I'd think would fail sooner on a belt drive pump with the belt pulling the shaft in one direction.

I assume that the because the pump shaft is cantilevered from the front, that that bearings must have sufficient length to provide support?

Ken