[DeTomaso] Happy Thanksgiving 2009 11 26

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Thu Nov 26 14:03:51 EST 2009

Thank you to everyone who kept Sam (and us) in their prayers the last
few months.  He is a changed little boy, even his teachers said so
recently.  Still battling Autism but in much better health and with a
much better attitude.

Thank you to all those who serve our country in the military, Coast
Guard, police forces, fire fighting and border patrol.  You have tough
jobs and sometimes it doesn't appear the public wants or needs you; but
when we do, we're glad you're there.

Thank you to all the moms, the wives, the girlfriends who put up with
out idiosyncrasies as men, who continue to love us, support us, take
care of us and in many cases fight right along side of us for what is
right and good.

Thank you to our children who can carry on this torch of freedom and
prosperity if we educate them well and give them the proper guidance.

Thank you to the farmers and ranchers of this nation who give us the
bounty that fills our grocers, our pantries and our bellies.  May God
grant them fair weather in the coming years to continue providing for
the common man, even those who don't understand but still get hungry.

Thank you to those who remind us there are poor and downtrodden in this
country, to remind us of our position and our responsibilities to try
and leave no one behind.  We may not be able to save everyone but we
need to be reminded there are those we can help.

Thank God we have the freedom to worship in the United States of
America, or not as your individual case may be.  For me and my family,
we believe and we give these thanks in the knowledge that he has
provided for our lives through good times and bad and continues to give
us the strength needed to carry on and help make the lives of others better.

Amen.

Now get to that Turkey and start stuffing a gut, send the leftovers to
the mission or the single mom down the street.  Save your strength for
tomorrow.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie