[DeTomaso] Pantera content - dual disc clutches

Art Stephens artstephens at verizon.net
Tue Nov 24 14:27:02 EST 2009

Sorry it has taken so long to respond,  I'm a little behind on my emails.  I do have a McLeod dual disc diaphragm clutch.  I believe it is a model RST?  Part number 6911-03.  I can't see any springs in the discs but the clutch is bolted to the flywheel,  engine is out of the car though the bell housing is still attached to the block.  This clutch has a much lighter pedal effort than the single disc Weber that I was using.  With the Weber clutch,  the ball of my foot was actually in pain.  The dual disc is still not like driving a Honda with a stick but it is way better than what I had.  I originally had a Chevy dual disc clutch in the car and it worked great.  Of course great wasn't good enough,  so I decided to shed some weight and go with the single disc.  In retrospect,  I should have left well enough alone.

Art