[DeTomaso] PWM Power Supplies

Dave Londry davel at emspace.com
Mon Nov 23 18:56:14 EST 2009

That's the standard way of doing a variable-speed drive for a DC motor, Ken.
You need to know what base frequency the motor likes,
 and then you vary the duty cycle from 100% off to 100% on to control
the speed.
(because they generally don't like it when you just turn down the voltage)
Microcontrollers generally have PWM output hardware,
 but any processor can do the low frequencies you use on motor drives.

- positive square wave makes sense
- battery voltage amplitude makes sense
- 20 degrees sounds like it's 20/360 = 5.5% duty cycle, which should be
the variable part.
Is there a manual for it online?
dave

--