[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 64, Issue 22-Jon Long

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Nov 23 02:48:04 EST 2009

In a message dated 11/22/09 22 50 42, JDeRyke at aol.com writes:

> I don't think DeTomaso used the L designation on
> Euro-sold cars of any year. Instead, he used GTS, if I remember correctly.
>
>>>No, the Pantera L was the 'entry level' Pantera that De Tomaso sold
(outside the USA) starting at the same time as the Ford Pantera L hit the
scene--August of 1972.   The Pantera GTS was an upmarket version that De Tomaso
sold, with a host of performance and cosmetic changes (and an options list a
mile long).   De Tomaso also offered Gr3 and GT/4 racing Panteras at the same
time.

You can see photos, specs etc. of all four De Tomaso Pantera offerings in
the De Tomaso sales brochure, which is reproduced in its entirety in several
of the Brooklands books...