[DeTomaso] Rim Tire width

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 16:28:19 EST 2009

Sorry, The company I dealt with is called "True Forged"
http://www.trueforgedwheels.com/. They are not the manufacturer. The
manufacturer is located in southern California and sells wheels through
several subsidiary names. The "True forged label is not a subsidiary they
are just a retailer, but they are the people that sent me the wheels to
"test fit" before I finalized my order. Allot of the other vendors I spoke
too were reluctant to discuss offset or backspace for Pantera's before I
committed to a purchase. They also wanted 100% payment up front. True Forged
was willing to start my order with a nominal deposit. I gave them 1/3 rd
down ( not at their insistence and they sent me the two fitment wheels with
only the 1 /3 rd deposit. They only asked for payment in full once my wheels
were finished. I paid them the balance last Sunday 11/15/09 and my wheels
arrived via Fed Ex yesterday 11/21/09. They look great. I still have to buy
tires and see how they look on the car. The actual manufacturer Intro
Designs  sells wheels through several different names. They are the actual
manufacturer for many vendors and although I couldn't nail them down I was
lead to believe they may be  the actual manufacturer for many of the Pantera
vendors. They have manufactured wheels for many recognizable names  a
partial list follows:American racing, Foose designs,Centerline,
Lexus for Neiman Marcus, Chrysler , Ford, Detroit GM design Studio, Saleen
S7, GM caddillac and truck, MHT, Niche,Elite, Intro brands: (including
Intro, I-Forged, I-D and I Dreams)
They have also produced wheels for some TV productions including "Americas
most Beautiful Hot Rod, "Good Guys" , Pimp My Ride, Over Hauling and
Payback.
As I said my dealings were with an independent vendor "True Forged " and
they are the people that supplied me with test fit wheels  and were
extremely helpful as far as providing information concerning Pantera offset
and backspace (information that none of the Pantera vendors I spoke to would
even discuss) The manufacturing facility is in Anaheim California so there
is no question about the origin of these wheels and there is no question
that they don't come from China.

So the Vendor I dealt with Is "True Forged" and the principals name is
Steve. He was very easy to work with and as I said some of the other vendors
changed specifications in the middle of the process and changed terms (
original terms were  33% down , 33% after one month and 33% at completion
then they went to 100% down up front and cash. They wanted a premium for
using a credit card. At first they had wheels listed as available in a 2
piece 19 x 12 and then they were only available in 19 x 10 and a 19 x 12
would require a three piece wheel and was $800.00 more per wheel.. (this was
not dealing with True Forged this was another vendor that I chose not to do
business with) I got mine in 18 x9 and 19 x 12 three piece polished for
$3200 including shipping and no sales tax. let me know if you want to see a
picture.

Boyd