[DeTomaso] Classic Le Mans 2010

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 14:14:03 EST 2009

Hi all,

As those who read their POCA Profiles magazines may remember, last year we
had a FANTASTIC time in the Loire Valley of France. Roughly 20 people got
together to relax and visit some of the chateaux of the Loire Valley and
then head for the Classic 24 hours of Le Mans. We had some really great
people come along - few of whom knew each other before the event - and vowed
that we'd have to repeat it in 2010, the next time the Classic Le Mans event
is held.

Well, it's time to start thinking about Le Mans 2010. Based solely on word
of mouth based on last year's trip, there are currently 40 people signed up
to go with us. That's not bad, considering that nobody has the slightest
idea where we will be going, or what the itinerary is!

Anyway it has taken a little longer this time since the group looks to be a
little larger, but I finally have confirmation from all the hotels and
restaurants we will be using. Please see the "official" invitation and trip
description here:

It's a pdf that you must download.

Interested in attending? Please read the trip description - there are
internet addresses of the destinations and hotels, and all the prices are
listed. People will pay their rooms and meals directly to the hotel, not to
me. This year nearly all the hotels will be "demi-pension" and those that
don't have restaurants will bring a caterer in for us. The hotels are all
2-3 star hotels, family run and owned, and look to have quite a bit of
charm. Each hotel either has indoor, secure parking or is located in the
middle of nowhere and has a huge outdoor lot.

Please remember that this is a loosely organized event - people are free to
attend for as much or as little as they wish. WWII fanatics are free to skip
Mt. Saint Michel to spend more time in Normandy, for example.

Pat Hals will be once again campaigning his Group-4 Pantera in Tranche 6,
and there will no doubt be other Panteras on the track so it would be great
to cheer them on. They always put on a good show.

Any questions - please let me know and I look forward to seeing everyone in
July!

Charles McCall

1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375

"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"

 <http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=2323>