[DeTomaso] Rim Tire width

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 13:00:07 EST 2009

To anyone considering ordering wheels:
 I have this device:  http://tunertools.com/proddetail.asp?prod=PCY-01201
I had the idea that I would be willing to let everyone interested in using
it the opportunity to "borrow it" in return for paying shipping and placing
a deposit to insure it would be returned. The first request to borrow it
came from Canada. I shipped it to the person with out asking for any
payment. Not even payment to cover shipping. Well to make a long story short
because I shipped it UPS there was a customs charge and the person who had
requested to tool decided he didn't want to pay the customs fee so I got
stuck for the entire charge. I ultimately got the device back but none of my
expenses were reimbursed.  If any one wants to use it I will be happy to
loan it to them. They will have to pre pay for the shipping and contribute
5% of the cost of the unit. Once the device is paid for in full I will
donate it to POCA and they can continue the process  but the 5% fee will go
into the POCA coffers.. I just received my new wheels that I ordered using
this device. They are 18 x  and 19 x 12 three piece forged wheels. I will be
happy to send pictures of the wheels to anybody interested in seeing them. I
also highly recommend the company I used to manufacture my wheels. They are
made in the USA. They sent me a front wheel and a rear wheel for test
fitment before they finalized my order. I thought their process were
reasonable and they have a nice selection of styles to choose from.many of
the wheel manufacturers  have problems produce wheels more then 10 " wide or
charge a steep premium for wheels wider then 10 " . That is not the case
with this manufacturer. They use a spun forged manufacturing technique and
are the actual manufacturer for many of the wheels you see being sold under
different brand names. Contact me if you would like to see my wheels or if
you want to use the measurement device or want more info.

Boyd