[DeTomaso] serial number

B Hower b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 22 09:19:20 EST 2009

I would never change the original plate on any part of a Pantera. I would be hard pressed to ever let go of a # matching block. The # is stamped on the block, just below the rear of the left head. If it is a 70 or 71 Cleveland the area that the # is stamped into has a rough surface and the later ones have a smooth area there. The # stamps size is much larger on the Pantera block compared to a say Torino block. The number stamped into the Torino block matches the last digits of the Vin #. But as far as I know the Pantera # matches the plate in the engine compartment and not the Vin #. My #3400 Pantera has an engine # that is the large Pantera size stamp,but does not match the engine bay plate #.

Bud  #3400