[DeTomaso] Very little Pantera content

Mike Greene mgreene at hiwaay.net
Fri Nov 20 08:20:22 EST 2009

Back to the original question, who remember BO's (AKA Liar-In-Chief)
campaign promises of not raising taxes on the middle class (which varies
depending on which speech you review at max levels of $150K or $250K)? I
am certainly middle class as I don't approach either level. Yet, his
promise to let the Bush tax cuts expire will certainly raise my taxes.
Why? Because part of the Bush cuts were in the capital gains rates.
Those of us who invest in the stock market or buy or sell cars or real
estate to make little side money will certainly see their taxes
increased. The capital gains rate will rise from 15% to 20%  - a 33%
increase. I recently bought by '72 Pantera #3685 with stock market gains
which would definitely have been lessened without the Bush tax cuts.

And why are the "rich" always vilified? How many of us would not like to
make millions of dollars, or get million dollar bonuses? Would you turn
them down if offered? Seems to be sour grapes to me.

Mike Greene
'72 Pantera #3685
'66 GT350H
'69 428CJ Mach 1