[DeTomaso] Pantera content - dual disc clutches

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Nov 19 19:19:32 EST 2009

In a message dated 11/19/09 14 27 30, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> I'm looking for a junk bell housing that I can cut in half and make some
> measurements for clutches.  It seems like our options are limited by lack
> of knowledge.  If we know how much space we have, we should be able to
> figure out what pressure plates will fit.

At the risk of asking the obvious, what exactly is it that you're trying to
gain?   Given that there are already a whole bunch of different
off-the-shelf Pantera clutch options available from different manufacturers (perhaps as
many as a dozen???), what are you hoping to achieve?   What is it about all
these different Pantera clutches that you don't like?   And what would be
the benefit of adapting a Chevy or a Dodge or whatever clutch in their place?