[DeTomaso] Pantera content - dual disc clutches

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Nov 19 19:14:21 EST 2009

In a message dated 11/19/09 12 26 21, gaino at earthlink.net writes:

> I have a Dual Friction coming from Ceterforce. I could use a little
> education here. The DF I had used spaced pads on one side of the disc and the
> other side was material all over against the pressure plate side. What is
> twin disc?
>
>>>Just as it sounds, it's a clutch system that uses two clutch discs
instead of just one.   Presuming that both discs have splined centers, I fail to
see any advantage to them at all?   In fact, the inside surfaces of both
discs don't even need to have friction material at all, because by definition
they are locked into position relative to one another by the splines on their
respective hubs.

Or is only one of the two discs splined?