[DeTomaso] Pantera content - dual disc clutches

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Thu Nov 19 15:19:11 EST 2009

Just to open a Pantera topic on the list...

I've heard a lot of comments about heavy clutch effort in our Panteras. Some
people say they find even the Centerforce still a bit much in traffic?

Does anyone run a dual plate clutch on the street or have any first hand
experience regarding the pedal effort on them?

It appears McLeod offer a "street twin" clutch for a 351C but I don't knoe
if it fits in our bellhousing ? Also, it seems the only dual disc type they
offer for street use is a long type instead of a diaphragm.

The old optional dual plate diaphragm clutch that GM sold for high HP
Corvettes in the 69-71 era were supposed to hold the LS6 454 etc. and be
easy for the little woman to push the clutch in.

Just curious.

Barry