[DeTomaso] RUSS FULPS ENGINE AUTOPSY

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 16 22:36:39 EST 2009

Dick Drenske and I pulled the Pantera's engine and ZF a couple weeks ago and took the engine out to Russ Fulps (Russ Fulps Race Engines) in Anaheim California so Russ could replace/repair a rear main seal leak and do a leak down test.

Russ found a couple leaking intake valves otherwise 'his' 381ci Cleveland stroker looked good...I call it 'his' engine because he's done a great job keeping the engine together and me out of trouble over the last 4-5 years.

So this will be a preventative maintenance (pm)overhaul...new valve job, rings,  springs, etc....probably if Russ suggests it replacing exhaust valves as well.

Now if I can get equally as lucky with Nick to finish the new paint by January I should be good to go by March.

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing
www.teampanteraracing.com