[DeTomaso] Pulling dash1

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 13:54:26 EST 2009

Bill,

There are a lot of minor differences between the -1 and the -2.  The swap is not
impossible, as this has been done (first by Ford, and later by owners).
You are including the -2 bell housing too, right?

I believe the -1 main shaft (that which goes into the engine) is 1/16 different in size,
meaning you would need a new pilot bushing, but I am guessing here, I have not done this
swap myself.

You have resolved the differences in the ZF mounts?  (tail mount to side mount, etc...)

Chuck

We are doing a dash 1 to dash2 swap today. I already found the dash2 shift shaft is not
splinned like my dash 1. Hopefully I can just swap shafts. Looks like it is held in place
with 2 set screws accesablbe through holes in the bottom of the shift cover. I have the
correct clutch disc 1 1/16 for the dash2. What about pilot bushings?  Any diff? My
Ceterforce setup with flywheel only has 3000 miles, I'm only changing the disc. Thoughts
welcome.  Bill 1362