[DeTomaso] Windsor Cleveland water pump difference?

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Fri Nov 13 10:10:59 EST 2009

The electric pump that Kirby was talking about recently (and I have
notes on somewhere but can't find at the moment) is a generic unit from
the company that makes them.  What is different are the pieces that
attach to the block.  If you want to buy the system for a Cleveland, you
need to give them a call and ask for the Cleveland specific bits and
when I checked they are not listed on the web site, but Kirby (and
others if I recall) assured me if you call, they will get you the right
parts.

You get two plates with the appropriate hose bibs or nipples that attach
to the front of the block, no big assembly sticking out the front.  Then
you route hoses from there to the pump and from the pump to the
radiator, etc.  Kirby has some nice photos and the web site has even
more.  (were they Mezier?)

Anyway... if you then relocate the alternator, you can get away with
nearly a totally flat firewall.

An for what it's worth, this is installed on Kirby's GT-40 replica (I
forget which brand, sorry), and appears to keep cooling just fine even
on the track.  Though I'm sure Mad Dog will say something about going in
circles rather than 90 miles one way.  ;)

If I had the funds (and after last year I simply don't), I'd look into
this for myself.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie