[DeTomaso] GT/GR?

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 19:30:15 EST 2009

Will,

I just ran the Group 4 (GR4) Registry search (and after I fixed the entry for the car
Stauffer owned) all 14 cars show up.
One, car 2263, was badly wrecked and was destroyed by the factory.  So there are 13 cars
now in existence.

Following up on other details (GR4 and GT4) car 2860 was listed in the mentioned book as a
GR4, but see the Registry photo showing the factory plate indicating it as a GT4.  So
there is at least one documented case of miss-identification.

Thus the importance of getting all the VIN photos into the Registry!

I could use more photos of car 2860, if anyone has some to provide???

Chuck

Gr4 car were produced by the factory to race in a certain euro racing circuit. What is a
GT4? How many were made? Factory street car using GR4 flares?
Will