[DeTomaso] NPC: Awesome garages

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Wed Nov 11 20:21:27 EST 2009

In a message dated 11/11/09 9 52 29, garth_rodericks at yahoo.com writes:

> There's a Pantera in the 8th pic down in this post (2nd pic under Mario
> Righini):
> http://www.luxury4play.com/automotive/36568-worlds-most-beautiful-garages-e
> xotics-insane-garage-picture-thread-50-pics-42.html#post621664
>
> Clearly he's a man of exceptional taste, and means.  :)

Hey, I've actually been *in* that garage!

It's a very famous collection located just outside Modena; we toured it
during the 1996 International De Tomaso meeting.   Mario himself gave us a tour
and showed off his collection--he was a very nice old man then, and is 15
years older and presumably no less nice today!

Here's a nice article and great photo gallery showing many of the cars,
including several shots of the Pantera, which appears to be a '72 European GTS.

http://www.sportscardigest.com/mario-righini-collection-photo-gallery/