[DeTomaso] clutch master cylinder ptroblem

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Nov 10 16:05:30 EST 2009

In a message dated 11/10/09 12:10:53 PM, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> Auto Parts stores on the west coast are undoubtably better equipped then
> here in New York. I have gone to three auto parts stores and two hardware
> stores trying to match that fitting to no avail.....

Boyd, it isn't that difficult to rethread an aluminum 1/4" pipe-to-dash-4
AN fitting to 12x 1.0 metric on the pipe thread end of the fitting, or to
rethread your clutch master's outlet hole to 1/4" pipe. In both cases, I would
recommend using pipe thread sealant on any pipe threads to positively seal
at the low (max ~300 psi) used in our clutch systems. This then allows a
dash-4 AN line (flexible ss or a hard line) to be used. Note that some
replacement masters use different, more accessible thread sizes here. Good luck- J
Deryke