[DeTomaso] clutch master cylinder ptroblem

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Nov 10 15:06:27 EST 2009

In a message dated 11/10/09 9:11:56 AM, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> Can anyone t ell me the size of the fitting that holds the copper clutch
> line (from) the clutch master cylinder ?

Mine all appear to be metric size 12 x 1.0 thread, and the line has
probably slightly cracked at its single flair right at the cylinder outlet fitting
or at its other end. One problem with copper lines in hydraulic systems:
they work-harden & crack- from vibration, from many cycles of internal pressure
as the clutch is used, from touching the steel trunk floor (our car had no
rubber bushing around the line as it passed thru). The steel lines under the
car running back to the red plastic line are also metric anf thus don't
easily fit SAE flairing tools, but once you get back there, the brass junction
block will accept a double-male dash-4 AN fitting, with an o-ring around the
part that threads into the block for insurance. Good luck, Tom- J Deryke