[DeTomaso] Clutch pedal return spring

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Nov 10 14:43:13 EST 2009

In a message dated 11/10/09 6:54:31 AM, Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se writes:

> My clutch pedal return spring is broken. I seem to recall that someone
> said they could be replaced, with some effort, by winding it onto the shaft
> without removing the pedal cluster.

No; I saw the same recent internet post, and after thinking about it, I
believe its possible to do this way without total dashboard disassembly.
Problem is, as Forest Goodheart said, it also seems that almost any spring
that can be threaded on there, will also break after a short period. So it
may pay maintenence dividends to use an extension spring from a drilled hole
in the pedal to some solid part of the steering shaft mount, rather than
periodically changing the stock 'mousetrap' spring every few years. Good luck-
J Deryke