[DeTomaso] Rear Bushings and Shafts

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 14:42:22 EST 2009

When I researched the subject a couple years back I found that the vendors
offer two solutions. One is just what you suggest - the zerks fit in the
ends of the shafts and grease squeezes out along the shaft. The other has
you install the zerks in the upright.

My conclusion at the time was that there was not consensus, or at least
demonstrated benefit to either one system or the other. I have not heard
firsthand of anyone's shaft breaking. (down Larry).

I have heard of NUMEROUS people (myself included) who have had problems due
to NOT installing the zerks and keeping them lubricated.

Charles McCall
1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375
"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"