[DeTomaso] clutch master cylinder ptroblem

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Nov 10 12:55:17 EST 2009

In a message dated 11/10/09 9 11 58, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> Can anyone t ell me the size of the fitting that holdst the copper clutch
> line in the clutch master cylinder ? ( and where to get one) or is there a
> braidedstainless steel line and AN fitting I can use instead of the copper
> line and brass fitting. I seem to be leaking air from that location. I
> have
> replaced the clutch master twice and still can't get it to build up any
> pressure. I pump it and when I bleed it air comes out and the pressure
> never
> gets any greater. There is air released every time I bleed it.

Boyd,

The fitting itself won't be the thing that's leaking.   The only thing the
fitting does is tightly hold the flared end of the copper line against the
flared nipple on the master cylinder.   So if there's a leak, it's probably
due to a bad flare.   Easily fixed--just cut the flare off and re-flare it
with a brake line flaring tool, available at all auto parts stores.

If the line is leaking, you'll be dribbling brake fluid out of it.   If
you're not dribbling fluid, I'd say your line isn't leaking.

Good luck!