[DeTomaso] Fuel gauge sender

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Nov 9 00:29:31 EST 2009

I've had a few apart, John, and one can swap the resistor assembly around
from one to another, but one with a broken wire from Mike Drew that I sent to
Bill Taylor indicated that he at least was unwilling to build a new one
from scratch and that it was unrepairable. Its also possible to swap the
resistor out of an Alfa Romeo sender, but that particular unit uses variable turns
in the coil of wires due to a flat rectangular tank rather than the tall
oddly shaped one we use, so the calibration would go away in the upper part of
the tank volume. Best suggestion at this point is- shop around; some
vendors charge more than others. All currently available new senders are the late
type with integral fuel-out pipe; there may also be a wrecked Pantera with a
good sender of some sort somewhere. I also vaguely remember someone in the
Nor-Cal chapter successfully installing a different fuel gauge AND SENDER a
year or so ago but the details escape me right now. Good luck- J Deryke