[DeTomaso] Need a windshield

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Nov 8 01:05:10 EST 2009

In a message dated 11/7/09 21 58 21, forestg at att.net writes:

> You didn't mention that you removed the windshield. You are aware that the
> windshield has to be removed from the car in order to remove the trim?

He is now. :<(

However, that's an excellent point very much worth making.   Looking at it,
it would seem possible to remove the metal trim while leaving the rubber
and the windshield in place, but the trim is pinched by the rubber being
squeezed between the glass, and the metal of the car, so the only way to relieve
that pressure is to first remove the glass/rubber/trim assembly from the
car, and then the trim can be removed, true?

I've never had to do it, but that's always been my understanding?