[DeTomaso] Need a windshield

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Sat Nov 7 21:46:06 EST 2009

Dear Will,

              If it weren't for bad luck, you wouldn't have any luck at all this week......!

               Windshields:  I did one about fifteen years ago.   There were multiple sources from multiple countries.   Fitment was variable.  Optical quality was variable.    My local glass shop was very good.   They told me that I could buy my own and have it shipped in for them to install----however, if it broke, then it was on me.    They could order a good quality windshield at about the same price as the vendors and if it broke in shipment or during installation, then they would order another one on them.

               While the windshield was out, it was determined that there was dreaded rust in the lower corner on the passenger side.  That was fixed and then the windshield was installed.   Happy ending.   Oh, they were able to easily reuse the old windshield gasket.

               Check with the usual Pantera vendors and then check with your better local glass shops and see what you find.

                                       Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles