[DeTomaso] Brake Booster Vacuum Check Valve

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Sat Nov 7 00:55:32 EST 2009

FWIW,

On my '74 the aluminum banjo fitting which connects the brake  vacuum hose
to the brake booster canister contains a check valve.

I have verified that you can pull air thru this fitting in the  direction
of the vacuum hose, but you cannot blow air thru the fitting from the  vacuum
hose end.

The purpose of the check valve to retain a vacuum in the booster  canister
if the engine is turned off and to protect the canister diaphragm in  the
event of a backfire.

Have fun,

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com