[DeTomaso] zf oil?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Nov 5 20:16:05 EST 2009

In a message dated 11/5/09 16 58 38, rtaspl at aol.com writes:

> OK I just got my zf-2 back together. now what is the oil I am to put in
> this thing??

You should be fine with any good quality 80-90 weight gear oil.
Synthetics may cause seals to leak a bit more.   Due to the nature of the
limited-slip, no LSD additive is required.   Quality gear oil is all you need.   I
typically use Castrol, but I've used Valvoline too.

The most important thing is to change it periodically.   The book says
initially after 4000-5000 km, and then after 16000-20000 km.   Also, change it
ever 2-3 years regardless of mileage.