[DeTomaso] USA GTS balck paint

Justin Greisberg justingreisberg at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 5 06:58:54 EST 2009

my 74 GTS is silver with black hoods/bottom.  The black paint appears to be original, since there is nothing but yellow primer underneath.  I would describe it as charcoal gloss.  After lots of investigating, I found House of Kolor black pearl on top of their white sealer is very close (perhaps a tiniest bit blacker) and very attractive.  The pearl does give some rainbow reflections more than a pure metalflake in the sun, I am told, but since my car has still not seen the light of day since I painted it years ago (see my recent posts), I dont know.  But most metalflake paints have too large pieces of metal.  It looks as good as a car could look sitting under my basement fluorescents.

I tried a Dupont charcoal black metallic and it was too black.  I looked around and without going custom blend, the HOK paint was closest, and really nice.

The House of Kolor siverwhite pearl on top of white sealer is very close to the silver of the rest of the car, and that also looks great.  Good quality paint, although the silverwhite pearl takes experience to lay down perfectly.  With a good paint gun, I did OK.  Justin

Find the right PC with Windows 7 and Windows Live.
http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/pc-scout/laptop-set-criteria.aspx?cbid=wl&filt=200,2400,10,19,1,3,1,7,50,650,2,12,0,1000&cat=1,2,3,4,5,6&brands=5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16&addf=4,5,9&ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_evergreen2:112009