[DeTomaso] Electric oil pump?

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Wed Nov 4 15:05:48 EST 2009

This doesn't sound too hard. Running a single stage external pump of the same type as dry sump engines use would cover the pump part. I'll leave finding a variable speed motor and driver to you. I tried calculating the theoretical need for power and came up with a surprisingly low number, only a few hundred watts. On the other hand priming an engine through the distributor hole with a power drill is standard procedure and those drills aren't overly powerful either.

Tomas