[DeTomaso] Cleveland EFI Project, looking for help on adding intake manif...

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 4 01:34:14 EST 2009

Agreed, atomization is significantly better with an injector vs. carb and again the injector position plus sequential firing all helps maintain fuel suspension. Injectors are normally vertical and low in the intake manifold so spray down toward the valve, not the back wall, this is assuming a std single plane manidfold.

On an IR manifold I believe the main development for use of injectors positioned in the V was for aesthetics and hiding the fuel rails to look more 'conventional' like Webers. IMO it would seem that if you have good atomization then for normal road use the improvement injector position makes is debatable as in an IR TB it's simply a tube at the height the injector normally sits.

Julian