[DeTomaso]   Bleeders on the heads...  need advice before I cry

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 3 18:19:56 EST 2009

Hi,

  Whenever you drill or tap a hole, the material removed is carried to the top/outside by

the threads of the bit/tap.  If you go slow and smoothly all or most of the shavings will come to the top.  You can also cover your bit or tap with grease to capture them.  What may

get in will be very small and nothing compared to what was circulating around in the engine since it was new.  You be surprised at the loose casting flash and iron bits inside a cooling system. Same story for adding grease fittings to sealed ball-joints.

Michael Frazier
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa