[DeTomaso] Connecting A High Torque/Gear Reduction Starter In APantera

Doug Braun doug at silicondesigns.com
Tue Nov 3 14:05:28 EST 2009

SO Bill,

	I'm confused.  You said, "It seems the solenoid of the new starters require
more current than the OEM ignition switch START position wiring can handle."
Then why (below that) did you then say "you can dump the OEM starter
solenoid".  Or did I miss something?

About a year ago when I installed my new starter DB Electrical permanent
magnet starter, I measured the solenoid engagement current at 13 Amps which
is an amount I'm also uncomfortable with passing through the ignition
switch.

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505