[DeTomaso] Cleveland EFI Project, looking for help on adding intake manif...

JJD1010 at aol.com JJD1010 at aol.com
Tue Nov 3 10:58:20 EST 2009

In a message dated 11/2/2009 6:44:25 P.M. Central Standard Time,
wkooiman at earthlink.net writes:

The fuel in the intake tract is bouncing all over the place.   It's
probably just as good to aim it at the wall of the intake  port.

.

Well, I'm not an engineer but I thought the  purpose of the angled
injectors is not to have it hit the back of  the valve but to allow it to enter the
air stream in a way that maximizes  dispersion and vaporization of the fuel
as close to the cylinder entry  point as possible so that it is still in
suspension going into the cylinder. A  side bene is that it doesn't bounce off
the opposite port wall since that  kills the dispersion and vaporization.

Jeff
6559