[DeTomaso] Pantera on TV

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 2 19:26:32 EST 2009

Lately, I've found that I cannot view a number of videos on YouTube - a number of them linked from my site. I receive a message that states "This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions."  Yet others on the list (also in the US) have been able to view the same video without running into the restriction. Frustrating indeed!

While researching the issue on Google I found several possible workarounds...

1. Use a service like unblockyoutubeproxy.net or http://www.hypercloak.com

2. Trick YouTube into displaying the videos in all countries by altering the URL a bit.
For example instead of the regular url - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNIQUEVIDEOID,
use http://www.youtube.com/v/UNIQUEVIDEOID  (here UNIQUEVIDEOID is a unique 11 character video ID code of the particular video).
     Example:
     Change  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVXQ4Y3Z564
     To  http://www.youtube.com/v/QVXQ4Y3Z564
  * Note that this does not work with this particular video because 'embedding' is disabled/restricted.