[DeTomaso] Bleeders on the heads... need advice before I cry

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 2 11:05:19 EST 2009

Hi Larry,

  Any measurements would would be ballpark kind.  You drilling into the water jacket and I sure casting thicknesses

and shapes vary there on the corner of the head.  With the heads off you can just look into the passage and use your

thumb and index finger caliper to determine where to drill.  The faces of the heads are different on each end but there is about a one inch square flat surface where you drill.  Remembering the head sits at an angle, just try to get into the highest part of the jacket.  I've seen everything from 1/2" npt plugs to grease fitting size openings.  I use a smaller iron npt hex head plug with a little sealer on the threads.  I've plumbed lines into the cooling system also if you want to keep a little extra flow going but the great advantage comes when you start filling the cooling system.    I'll try to get some photos and rough measurements when I do these heads.  Hope that helps...

Michael Frazier
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa