[DeTomaso] Exhaust Valve Not Closing?

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun May 31 19:00:09 EDT 2009

Art,

Is it backfiring out the exhaust?  If not, then the valve is probably
okay.  Something in the valve train though?  Maybe.  It might be you
stressed a lifter, are they hydraulic or solid?  Maybe bent a pushrod?

Seems to me if it's running fine until you run it hard (presuming higher
rpm), then I'm betting a lifter problem, one that can't keep up.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA