[DeTomaso] Who makes a replacement Delta wing for a GT5/GT5-S?

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sun May 31 13:58:19 EDT 2009

Hi all,

This fall my car will most likely be repainted. It's showing the signs of
having been driven, which is after all, why I bought it. And one of the
"blemishes" that bothers me is the stock delta wing. It is showing numerous
blisters and bubbles.

It is my understanding that this happens to all stock wings with time, due
to the construction. The center is some kind of foam, which absorbs
moisture, expands and contracts with heat, which in turn creates bubbles in
the paint above. I've seen similar things on period Countachs and other
late-model Panteras.

Talking with Mr. Campana last week, who is the individual who painted the
late-model cars for DeTomaso, he gave me a quote for repainting the car, but
said that he systematically replaces the stock wing with a fiberglass,
aftermarket one. The stock style will will inevitably bubble again - it's
just a matter of time.

So, does anyone know who manufactures a fiberglass replica of the STOCK
delta wing, complete with end-plates. I'm only interested in an identical
replica of the original.

One view of the wing is here:

And an overhead view here:

Thanks!

Charles McCall

1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375

"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"

 <http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=2323>