[DeTomaso] Team Pantera Flys to Dog Town & tomorrow to Peter's Ranch

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Thu May 28 21:06:29 EDT 2009

After starting and finishing ItBWild at the Silver State with no economic, flywheel, radiator or .050 gapped plug problems earlier this month I didn't know what else or tell the List Slackers about.

Then I realized the team in Ely earlier this month decided we needed a two leg 'ROAD TRIP'....First leg would be on the road and the second would be flying slow and low in the air back to Ely Nevada in JB's war bird.

After we drove to JB "Cool Hand" Bentley's Livermore Lab setting off several security and perimeter intrustion alarms we rolled out the team plane, loaded weapons, ammo and other needed re-supply items before TPR Chief pilot John "Cool Hand" Bentley took us into the wild blue yonder to fly up and back to Ely Nevada  so we could  turn in our bid on the future   "Dog Town"  4-car garage, shop and detached party team house.

After a beautiful flight over the Sierra's which are still snow capped we landed 3 hours later in Ely and headed to the Jailhouse Restaurant and Bar. Sometime the next day we woke up........went to look at the house again and as we walked through the garage and shop of the team house  JB said he saw angels....we realized then and there no one is going to hang in the house including our families because Ely is just too remote...darn it! ;-]>

Not only that but the garage and shop are just too damn big.  When I say BIG I mean a big assed shop with an overhead 10 ton hoist (long story), 50 feet of workbench space, a parts wash basin big enough to take a warm jacuzzi in with a refrigerator waiting to put a frost on some cold beer. It even has a wood stove so team members can sit around it and talk about how they never want to go home again.

After emptying the local gun store of all its .40, .44 and .45 ammo we loaded the plan back up and headed back across the Sierra's. Friday we are headed off to Peter "The German" Menyhart's ranch <www.whitehorseranch.com> for a team weapon firing contest and the usual party. No one expects to beat Erik "One Shot-One-Kill" Belter or JB as they zero in on little fluffy animals with their Barrett .50 cal sniper rifles but that will be a team party report for next week.

Back to THIS week.....There is no one cooler then JB in the captains seat of a fixed wing cockpit and as we threaded our way through a Sierra storm country at 14,000 feet  JB was able to find a 'hole' for us to slip through without spilling any ammo or pee.  I got gigged for attempting to  throw piss out my window (geez, there was no piss tube) ........otherwise JB got us back to Livermore in one piece and only had to butt stroke me one time during the return flight to wake up.....that on flight oxygen is great for naps.

Stay tuned for further reports of immature-fun loving TPR members from Peter's ranch this weekend.

Singing Kiyiyipeeyiyahhhhoooo

P.S. Never try to take the controls of a real plane in a storm when JB is captain.

Good Times - TPR Summer Tour '09

Mad Dawg Antenucci
Team Pantera Racing
www.teampanteraracing.com