[DeTomaso] ZF leak in 5533

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun May 31 00:55:17 EDT 2009

Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the garage....

If you recall, I installed the ZF a few nights ago, to get my mind back
in cruising gear.  Just clean up the cooling system and away we go.

Tonight, I glance under the car for no apparent reason.... and I see a
nice puddle on the floor.  On closer inspection, half the pan bolts are
dripping trans fluid.

Nice.

Can't get the pan off, frame rails are in the way of the two long
bolts.  Unless there is some other way...... looks like the ZF is coming
back out.

So much for using the stock paper gasket and installing via the
recommended method (soak in water).  I'll most likely be using Yamabond
this time around, as recommended by a few on this list previously.
Looks like my Sunday afternoon is scheduled.

On a Club Store note....
If you have any back issues you are looking for, you better speak NOW.
They are all over my living room floor and I can easily get to them.
Just give me a list (going back to 1984) and I'll see what I have.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie
Spokane, WA