[DeTomaso] Non-Opening Secondaries

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Sat May 30 10:03:35 EDT 2009

The same is true with vacuum secondaries.  A lever prevents the secondaries
from opening until the primaries are about 50% open.

You can't make them open without a load on the engine either.  If it's
working properly, you can't jerk the throttle open while the engine is out
of gear and watch the secondaries open.

The best test I've heard involves putting a paperclip on the secondaries and
then driving it hard.  You position the paper clip so that it slides if the
secondaries open.  When you get back home, you can look at the paper clip to
see how far the secondaries opened.

Another test is to put it on a dyno.  That way you can see it open.

Another solution is to buy a DP.  Vac secondaries are for weenies.