[DeTomaso] ignition problem

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Fri May 29 21:39:27 EDT 2009

Pull the cap and inspect the inside, and the rotor.  There should be a
small carbon -button- in the center, which would sit against the tang on
the rotor.  If that is gone, the spark is simply trying to find another
route.  If the rotor is toast, same story.

It may be the arcing did in the MSD box.  Once an arc path is
established, it's pretty much there, as it creates a carbon path between
the two points.  Changing the coil was a good idea, but now you need to
inspect the rest of the components and swap the MSD box for your spare
to test.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie