[DeTomaso] ignition problem

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Fri May 29 21:24:00 EDT 2009

I just changed my spark plugs and I was driving down my block when I stopped
to check something. I noticed my coil was arcing from the center wire that
goes to the distributor to the negative terminal of  the coil. I turned the
car off and checked the wires to see if they were loose and checked the wire
going to the distributor and it wasalso tight. I restatred and it was still
arcing. Then it stalled and it would not start. I put in a spare coil and
according to the spark indicator I am getting spark byt the car will not run
( it dosen,t fire or pop or anything. Could the coil have toasted my MSD? Or
any other suggestions.Boyd