[DeTomaso] Cooling system hose questions

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Fri May 29 14:31:58 EDT 2009

Okay, it's been a lively discussion and I sincerely appreciate all the
feedback this has generated.  It has caused me to consider things
carefully and make specific decisions.

Here is my final answer:
- The use case, street and track, dictates reducing the possibility of
pushing the fan into the radiator under high speed conditions.
- For maximum cooling, the shroud should be mounted on the rear in a
sucker arrangement.
- Summit Racing has replacement -sucker- fans for about $22 each,
versus nearly $300-$400 for a whole new setup.

Laying down the radiator is still not decided.  Yes, there would be a
lot more room, and without the front fans or brackets mounted, there
is plenty of room to lay it down.  However, if I do that.... I'd
prefer to get a new hood that has venting built in, kind of like what
Mad Dog has.  So in the end, at this time, I'll probably keep the
radiator vertical.

Again, thanks everybody for the feedback.
Asa Jay

Quoting JDeRyke at aol.com: