[DeTomaso] WARNING: .050 may be the wrong kind of Bomb

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu May 28 14:18:03 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/28/09 11:10:02 AM, dfcex at pacbell.net writes:

> Could impact from the domed piston to the plug tip crack the electrode
> without breaking the tip? Although #5 is missing 1/2 the tip, #6 has an
> intact tip but not much electrode.

Unless you're running side-gap plugs, first contact will be between the
piston dome and the ground electrode, essentially shutting off that plug as the
gap goes to zero. Busting up the ceramic inside won't necessarily shut down
the plug sparks, if the ignition is energetic enough. I'm still thinking an
over-lean mixture at higher rpms causing detonation. Good luck- J Deryke