[DeTomaso] Fw:  Some tech analysis of Classic LeMans 08

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu May 28 13:57:53 EDT 2009

In a message dated 5/28/09 6:52:00 AM, hemipanter at hemipanter.se writes:

> Why not just cut off a 1/4" from the side of the balljoint?

The iron upper front balljoint carrier is also a grease reservoir, and
cutting more than about 050" from one side risks falling thru the casting,
producing a grease leak. Besides, the diameter of the ball-end inside the chamber
is over 1.25", so with that big a cut, you'd make a flat spot on the ball,
I'm afraid.
I didn't cut apart the Chrysler-type ball joints I'm currently using, but I
suspect the same limitations apply, even with my new aluminum balljoint
carriers. Cheers- J Deryke