[DeTomaso] front seal oil leak help

forestg at att.net forestg at att.net
Wed May 27 20:38:43 EDT 2009

 Matt,
It looks like the oil is only on the inside of the damper. If so then it is most likely not the seal but seepage through the keyway. Pull the damper and smear a thin layer of silicon around the key on all four sides and reinstall the damper. Once the damper is removed however you might as well replace the seal also since you are already there.
Forest
 -------------- Original message from JDeRyke at aol.com: --------------